Early resolution
I'm really now going to try to make a break from the theology. Watch and see if I can. I've said it in the past, then went right back to the vomit. (I think that's some kind of allusion to something...)
Not doctrine from the Bible itself, but all the secondary-derived theology. The Bible itself is different.
The Bible, the Work, the Homeric Epics. That is: the main influence, practical knowledge for doing, and the effort to perform it all itself. (The Homeric Epics represent the effort to practice it all because they are visual language of kings in action on the Way.)
I could also make a blank book represent the practical effort to do it all. The Bible, Ouspensky's Fourth Way, and a blank book (for recording actual real time effort).
The fact is, regarding all the church nonsense, and the theology on the internet and all that: they are all - all sides - in the Village of Morality. Formalism, moralism, ritualism, clericalism. All of them have those things in common. Also: fear/reverence of man more than fear/reverence of God.
And they aren't getting anywhere. They don't change. They don't increase being and hence they don't ever increase capacity for understanding.
Maybe they have a connection to God, it's not for me to say. They certainly don't show it by being anything higher than very common human types. "I demand an apology!"
The Work (from the pure springs) is truly impressive. When you can understand the highest, most on-the-mark theology and the Work is not lessened in comparison that is impressive. It's living language. I'm afraid it will go away if I neglect it anymore with my detour into theology. I had to make the detour (and everybody should, because you can't be a common dope and truly connect with the Work; you need to, as G. said, know at least a little bit about everything; and that would be understanding and not just shallow surface knowledge, though sometimes shallow surface knowledge gives alot, for some subject matter, not theology though)...
Odysseus refused Calypso's offer of immortality and being the consort of a goddess. Apparently there is something better than that, and Odysseus knew of it. What could be better for a mere mortal? Running his race to the finish and becoming glorified and attaining his true place in God's Kingdom. Calypso knew this was right for him too. In fact, Calypso, because she was even involved in these matters, and thinking about them, was herself ready to descend into flesh and run her race via the right cosmos, the only cosmos that leads to the real Kingdom. So these biblical matters are mysteries for goddesses too. Angels too. General Revelation is interesting but not demanding. Special Revelation is demanding, but it is where it all is.
Come on, everybody, Calypso says to any takers of her race, let's get down to Hades (I know, I know, nobody goes *there*) where there is a portal for being born into a flesh body through woman. God knows what kind of life we will be given, yet... We have to run our race! Then we can be real.

<< Home