<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/9018390?origin\x3dhttp://7holybooks.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

12.29.2004

freed back to the order level

Though the Bible has been a part of my work 'history' from the beginning (because I arrived at the Bible and the Work literally - almost - at the same time) it's been in the last two years (or so) that I've gone on a journey/detour of learning orthodox/exoteric/mainstream theology. Prior to this learning phase I knew a non-orthodox theology learned from another 'school' (Shepherd's Chapel), and had never, to a serious degree, made the effort to learn orthodox, mainstream theology. I had the SC theology (which is sort of in a middle ground between mainstream theology and the Work) and I had the Work.

So starting about two years ago (or two and a half, I don't recall exactly) I began to learn exoteric theology. The most hardcore, apostolic Biblical doctrine known as Calvinism, or Reformed Theology. Its connection with Work teaching is striking at every step, but if you see the Work as esoteric Christianity that would be expected; yet, still, the correlations are very striking. Christians who got closer and closer to practical-level Christianity (like the Puritans) were bordering right on the edge of Work ideas, practices, and goals. Yet still...the Work is the Work, and it always stood out to me how much the Work is both on-the-mark and how it is a 'different cosmos', so to speak, from exoteric level theology.

So, along the way I'd gotten to points where I'd say: "OK. Now. Now I've learned it all and I can move beyond it (move beyond the exoteric level that I'd taken the detour to go back and learn)." Then I'd get into it more. (It's seductive on many levels. It's seductive because reading the Bible is hard and not immediately gratifying; reading about the Bible is easier and more immediately gratifying like junk food. It's also seductive in that there are many 'loci', so to speak, of theology to learn. Many subjects and divisions of it all. It's very seductive if you are a 'book person', because the books are endless, and many of them classic and interesting (still, there is a known thing about Calvinists: they buy and read too many books). It's also seductive because practical level effort (the Work) is uncomfortable. Increasing level of being and understanding is a wholly different activity and effort. 'Going back' to another book study - theology in this case - afforded me a justification to 'go back to my past' so to speak, when I was discovering everything and getting my arms around various subjects. Still, though, there was a modicum of practical worthiness in going back and learning exoteric, mainstream, orthodox (not Orthodox as in Eastern Orthodox, by the way) theology. I've accomplished that. With some indulgence and waste of time, yet I've accomplished it.

The fact is too: just knowing the 'categories' of exoteric theology enables me to see more in the Work teaching. Understanding is understanding and it's always good.

But there is death back there in the exoteric theology realm. It is the 'church' level of Christianity, afterall, and I am not, and never was, at that level (by the Holy Spirit I am not at that level). That level is death to me.

I use to think that there was one area where I had a real responsibility to the 'exoteric' realm, and that was evangelizing the faith (the equivalent of Third Line effort for the Work realm). I may have done some of that (without even trying, but just being myself and expressing my understanding of the Work and the Bible). But I sense that I'm freed from that. I sense it because, frankly, nobody will even listen to me in the church or the General Law realm regarding religion or anything related. It's like I run into walls (it's bizarre often). So, I sense I am freed from that, and I don't have to do it. Maybe if it comes along naturally, but not as a 'thing' I am intentionally doing and pushing and planning and so on.

So that frees me from that realm even more 'cleanly'. (The evangelization responsibility actually was a cord that attached me to the lower realm - the church level realm - so it's important for me to know I am free from that now.)

By the way: there is 'church level' and there is 'order level' regarding all this. I am, and have always been order level. A third category is 'wilderness'. Many people, perhaps most, who connect with the order level come to it from the wilderness and not the church level. They jump over the church level. Don't gloat, though, all levels are death without regeneration by the Holy Spirit; and that is effected by the Word and the Spirit, by the grace of God above...

But, that little bit of 'church sounding' language I know sounds strange, but it can be stated in other terms as well. The Holy Spirit doesn't operate in the churches (solely) and some theologians think not at all in this current era. C Influence is conscious influence and there is just one source of conscious influence which is God. God, the Holy Spirit, Christ, the Godhead, Jehovah, the Triune God, may use 'ministers' to deliver conscious influence or effect people (when 'C Influence' is a thing that acts in your life in some way). In the language of the Bible this is the work of angels. I have experience with the work of angels involving the law of accident and so on, but... I'll keep that to myself. It's not unusual, but some incidents are more blatant than others, and I've been in the blatant sort)...

So, though I'm no longer pagan in my approach (I know the law, and the Gospel) I though still am order level and hardcore at that. I have the real freedom of a regenerate soul, and can use it. Basically: the Work is my theology - practical theology - and what I'll continue to study, do, and elucidate, for what it may be worth... If it's not compelling then so be it. If it is then it is...